At the Pasadena Recovery Center we regularly bring in community leaders and addiction experts to educate our residents, alumni and staff. For example, the Nation’s top drug official, Gil Kerlikowske (photo at left), spoke about the California marijuana legalization ballot measure (Prop. 19) prior to the 2010 election. Providing such a unique educational setting helps differentiate PRC from other facilities. We firmly believe in learning everyday and growing as individuals — for residents, alumni and staff alike.
Some recent speakers include:
- Former actress and highly praised author Jennie Ketcham
- National Director of Children’s Programs for the Betty Ford Center Jerry Moe
- Best selling addiction author Dr. Gabor Mate
- Tennis pro, coach, celebrity and author Mary Pat Fayley
- Founder of the famed Haight Ashbury Free Clinic Dr. David Smith
- Addiction Medicine expert Dr. Matthew Torrington
- White House Drug Policy Director Gil Kerlikowske
- Inspirational author and holocaust survivor Dr. Erika Miller
- NYT Bestselling Author Christopher Kennedy Lawford
- Dr. Drew Pinsky
- Bob Forrest, Bob and the Monster
- Dr Jeremy Martinez on Prescription Drug abuse and addition
- David Sheff, NYT Best Selling Author, “Beautiful Boy” & “Clean”
- Mackenzie Phillips talking about her Experience, strengths and hopes with us as well as signing copies of her book, High On Arrival.
- Celebrity Rehab Reunion – With Amber Smith, Jason Wahler, Mackenzie Phillips, Bob Forrest, & Shelly Sprague
- Bob Forrest – Book signing and presentation for his new book “Running With Monsters”
- Ed Storti -
- Candy Finnigan- nationally recognized interventionist.